Setup Email Reminder
Tabling & Solicitation Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to events produced by Town Hall. Rental Partner events may have different policies. Please reach out directly to rental event producers for tabling info.
Town Hall allows partners or other community organizations the opportunity to set up a table to promote causes or collect emails for a newsletter during events. All tabling requests must be facilitated through our communications department in advance (minimum 48 hours notice) by emailing email@example.com. If a request for tabling is approved, the following guidelines must be followed:
- There will be no signature gathering at Town Hall-produced events.
- Requests to gather signatures will be directed to public sidewalks outside of the facility.
- No petitions.
- No initiatives.
- No signs in the performance spaces.
- Distribution of materials away from designated tables is prohibited. (Representatives must remain at table to distribute information about the featured organization.)
- Soliciting is not permitted.
- Table linens will not be provided.
- With prior approval for sales, concessions fees may apply (5% for CDs/books; 15% for general merchandise. Fee must be paid to Town Hall at the conclusion of the event)
Tabling parties agree to allow Town Hall Seattle to photograph or record their activities and permit use of such photographs or recordings for promotional and fundraising purposes. All media access and relations will be coordinated through Town Hall Seattle prior to event.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
Tabling parties will at all times comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations and order of federal, state, county and city governments. Tabling parties will also abide by all rules, regulations and directives of Town Hall Seattle.
Tabling parties will not discriminate by segregation or otherwise against any person or persons because of age, sex, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation or physical disability in furnishing or by refusing to furnish such person(s) use of service.
Please contact the Event Manager (pre-show) or the House Manager (day-of-show) with any questions.
Tabling & Solicitation Guidelines (Rental Partner Events)
- Signature gathering on site will be permitted only by prior approval of Town Hall staff (Rental & Booking Director).
- Signature gathering will be permitted only for issues which are ‘on topic’, as determined by Town Hall staff.
- Such approval will be granted ONLY to representatives of producing entity. A request to gather signatures will be made on rental application, before the event is made public.
- All signature gathering will occur behind a designated table alongside any other relevant information in the Lobby.
- There will be no calls for signature gathering from the stage.
- Requests to gather signatures outside of the above policies will be directed to public sidewalks outside of the facility.
- No signs or soliciting in the performance spaces (without prior permission from rental client and Town Hall staff)
- No yard signs in the building or on Town Hall property
- No distribution of materials away from designated table. Representatives must remain at table to distribute information about your organization.
- Concessions fees may apply (5% for CDs/books; 15% for general merchandise. Fee must be paid to Town Hall at the conclusion of the event).