Setup Email Reminder
Founded in 1998 and now serving more than 100,000 attendees through more than 400 events annually, Town Hall fosters community and creativity through arts, education, humanities and civic programs. Town Hall is committed to presenting issues, ideas and creative expressions that are timely and relevant, through individual events and a collective calendar that is co-created by presenters, audiences and the community at large. Town Hall is housed in a historic 100+-year-old building on First Hill that reopened in 2019 after a multi-year, $35 million renovation.
Reflecting the creativity and concerns of our region, Town Hall’s program aspires to host the broadest possible range of voices and interests. Diversity within the organization’s staff advances our mission and work. Consequently, Town Hall supports the goals of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action as essential to its institutional values, and to a democratic and pluralistic society.
Town Hall seeks seasonal, Part-Time Videographers to manage day-of-show video logistics, setup and recording of Town Hall events. Reporting to the Production Director and the Technical Lead, the videographer works with the House Manager and Sound Engineer to ensure high quality video productions for performers and guests. The Videographer also works with the artists and speakers to ensure that they have a pleasant and satisfying experience at Town Hall. Event-related duties include setting up, operating and dismantling the technical equipment used to record and broadcast video-produced events at Town Hall. Shifts vary in length and shift times vary based on event needs. Evening and weekend hours are required.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of live streaming events.
- Perform duties assigned by the Production Director and the Technical Lead.
- Proper and safe setup, operation, and teardown of the technical equipment used to record and broadcast events. This includes taping down cables for safety.
- Ensure equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use and return to proper storage.
- Live operation of the PTZ remote cameras with a camera remote controller.
- Live operation of the Blackmagic Design video switcher.
- Follow a script, screenplay or outline for each event.
- Collaborate with producers and performers.
- Meet clients’ quality standards and run-of-show
- Record performances with professional equipment. Assemble raw footage and transfer or upload files after an event.
- Work with the Audio Engineer to ensure good sound quality and proper levels. Track live audio on the video switcher.
- Resolve technical problems when they occur.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of hands-on experience in video or camera operation preferred.
- Knowledge of live-streaming applications such as YouTube, Restream.io, OBS.
- Familiarity with live-switching.
- General understanding of computers and digital equipment and knowledge of new and cutting-edge technology.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills. Team player.
- Ability to follow written instructions and communicate effectively with others in oral and written form.
- Maintain high quality service and execution standards including proper professional attire when working with rental clients, staff, and audience members.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends, lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must provide proof of full vaccination against the coronavirus.
COMPENSATION AND STRUCTURE
- Starting hourly rate is $23.50/hour. This position is non-exempt.
- This position is seasonal, September-June.
- Partially-subsidized medical & dental insurance offered.
- Paid sick and safe time, per Washington state law.
Submit resumé and cover letter outlining specific qualifications and your interest in Town Hall, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Videographer in the subject line.
Positions will remain open until filled. The ideal start date is August 15, 2021.
For more information about Town Hall or to access this job description online, please visit our website at: www.townhallseattle.org.
Data shows that women and BIPOC candidates more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com