How can business leaders do a better job of improving lives by improving workplaces? Join us for a stimulating evening as faculty experts from the University of Washington Foster School of Business share cutting edge research and novel insights on ways businesses can improve employee well-being without sacrificing profits. Speakers include Stacia Jones, Dean’s Impact Scholar and Vice President, Global Head of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action at Lululemon; Ryan Fehr, Professor of Organizational Behavior; Ann Schlosser, Professor of Marketing; Andy Hafenbrack, Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior; and Abhinav Gupta, Associate Professor of Strategy. These presenters bring a diverse set of backgrounds, expertise, and ideas.
Topics Will Include:
- The recent surge in employee engagement in activism against their employers, and how employee activists can more effectively make companies responsive to their concerns.
- The power of gratitude in the workplace, and actionable tips for how you can build better relationships through appreciation.
- Mindfulness meditation as a tool in the workplace, as well as benefits and drawbacks from this practice.
- Navigating the corporate DEI space, and methods for how corporations can create healthy, inclusive, and equitable workplaces for individuals and society.
- How social media can influence the ways consumers presents themselves, and the implications for this on consumer well-being, and the spiral of silence.
Presented by the UW Foster School of Business.